Thursday, May 3, 2012

[STYLE] GET THE LOOK - 'THE VOICE' SEMI-FINAL RESULTS SHOW LOOK

Sometimes an entire look is sparked by a brilliant idea. Last nights look is an example of how creativity can transform anything. By using a necklace in a different way my stylist simone was able to create a brilliant head piece. And the glam just went from there. Don't be afraid to take chances. - XoXtina



Hair stylist Mark Townsend:
I can't even begin to find the words to describe how much I love my job and how inspiring it is to work with Christina Aguilera, I'm the luckiest kid on Earth! For tonight's elimination show of The Voice we went for a sexy but tough look, it's a very editorial look that only Xtina and her fans can pull off so flawlessly. This look is all about texture and finding a great piece of jewelry to put in your hair. I started this look by applying a large dollop of Dove Amplifier Mousse to Christina's damp hair and blow dried with just my hands, scrunching the hair a lot to create volume and texture. When the hair was dry I Sprayed Dove Style+Care Flexible Hold Hairspray all over and wrapped 3 inch sections of hair around a 1 1/4 inch curling iron.

The key here is to not curl the bottom 2 to 3 inches of hair because leaving them natural and a little straighter gives the hair a little bit of an edge-y vibe. Next, I sectioned off all the hair from hairline to the crown and on both sides and then twisted 2 inch sections of hair away from the face and pinning all the twists in the back. I finished her hair by spraying Sally Hershberger Texture Blast all over while scrunching with my hand to give the hair a really cool piecey texture. To top off the look I pinned a necklace that Christina's stylist Simone Harouche suggested around the front hairline. I have to say that this goes into the hall of fame of my all-time favorite hairstyles I've ever created!

Follow Mark on Twitter @marktownsend1

Makeup artist Jake Bailey:
To recreate last nights eye makeup start by lining the entire eye with CoverGirl's Liquiline Blast eyeliner in black. Then take a black cream shadow from NARS and blend it onto the lid all the way to the crease of the lid. Then use your fingertip to tap a multi-colored glitter onto the cream shadow while it is still moist. The one I used is Inglot's Body Sparkles # 57. I applied two strips of Red Cherry #43 lashes and coated them with CoverGirls's 24 hour LashBlast mascara. I lined her lips with Inglot's Full METAL Lipliner # 859, coated them with "Dust Rose" lipstick from La Femme and added Dior Addict Ultra Gloss #267 Cashmere Pink Pearl for shine.

Follow Jake on Twitter @byjakebailey

Stylist Simone Harouche:
For Tuesday's get the look, it all started with a necklace! I had this amazing necklace that we decided to use as a headpiece. This inspired and set the rest of our look in motion as a sort of mad max gone glam! I absolutely live for this look! It's edgy, sexy modern an rogue.

She wore a black suede Balmain motorcycle jacket, American Aapparel black jersey dress and leopard Christian Louboutin heels.

The look was really about the accessories though! The necklace (worn as headpiece) was made by Martin Bernstein. Pinky ring and earrings by Loree Rodkin.

Hope you love tonight's look as much as I do! Xo Simone

Follow Simone on Twitter @simoneharouche

Since the look was signature Christina I chose to use my signature scent "Christina Aguilera" as a finishing touch…

No comments:

Post a Comment

TOTAL PAGE VIEWS