Monday, November 15, 2010

MY EXPERIENCE AT THE 'BURLESQUE' PREMIERE

Today couldn't have been any more perfect.

I had just left my first class and was walking to the food court to get something to eat, cause my stomach was rumbling, and I had a midterm for my next class. I was feeling pretty sad because I couldn't go to Hollywood to see our QUEEN accept her star on the HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME, but I was there in spirit. A really good friend of mine, Candi Alvarez, was there and was keeping me updated with everything that was going on. She would send me hundreds of picture messages. As I was walking to the food court, I was texting Candi to see what was going on.
(HE IS ACTUALLY TALKING TO ME ON THE PHONE)

To my surprise about 1 min after I texted her I was receiving an INCOMING call from CANDI! When I answered the phone it wasn't Candi... I actually didn't even know who was on the other end. When I answered the person said... 'Hi Karlos, this is Jeri' and I was like 'Who?' and he replied 'Jeri Slaughter,' I was shocked. I was at a loss for words. I couldn't think of anything to say to him. I just kept saying "Omg, Hi, Omg, How are you?' He kept laughing and was like 'So how have you been? What are you doing?' Our conversation lasted for about 5 mins. Best conversation over the phone...ever! I love that guy! He is such a sweet heart.

I wasn't planning on going to the Burlesque Premiere in Hollywood, but that phone call motivated me to ditch my last class and head over to Hollywood to be part of it all.

I left school, and made my way to Hollywood. I got there at around 4:30 pm and met up with Candi, and her husband Alain. We were right up front. Best spot ever! The only thing that we all hated was that they should have closed the entire street but they didn't so buses and cars were always stopping in front of us. We were scared that Christina wasn't going to be able to come to us and sign stuff... but boy was I wrong.
As we saw the first couple of stars arrive, Kathy Griffin and others, we were so pumped up and then out of nowhere, Christina showed up! Everyone went crazy! She made her way straight to us. She looked amazing in that emerald green dress that she wore. She was nothing less than pure perfection! Christina is flawless in every single way.
The photos that have been uploaded all over the web, and even on our site don't do her any justice. Believe me, Christina is so fucking gorgeous in person. She will take your last breath away. I always have so many things that I want to say to her, but when it comes down to the moment, I just never have the courage or words to say much... but I did tell her 'I FUCKING LOVE YOU CHRISTINA!' LOL.

She gave autographs to hundreds of fans including my BURLESQUE companion book!

AHHH!!!!
Since I did not get the chance to be there for the unveiling of her star, I had to make sure that I passed by it and took a picture... god I love this woman! Christina is the best thing to happen to this world!

1 comment:

  1. One of the best funnest days of my life! I love you Karlos and Joel

    ReplyDelete

TOTAL PAGE VIEWS