Sunday, January 22, 2017

CANDICE PILLAY'S 'COCKINESS' IS WHAT ALL GIRLS WANT, INCLUDING XTINA!


In a recent interview with HIPHOPDX, Candice Pillay, opens up about how Hip-Hop changed her live, her work with Dr. Dre, as well as her work on Christina Aguilera's last album, "Lotus".
DX: I remember you saying songwriting just kind of fell in your lap at the Musicology songwriting panel. 
Candice Pillay: (continued)... I never thought of myself as a writer, but I was like, “Let’s try.” We shopped the song to Rihanna and it made her album. It literally catapulted my career in writing. As soon as that record came out, it was just crazy. I had people calling me. . . Christina Aguilera calling me saying, I want a ‘Cockiness.’” Selena Gomez, “Can I get a ‘Cockiness’?” Everyone wanted a “Cockiness.” I had to say, “Okay, I guess you’re writing now.” 
I took four years off my main career, and I started to really study ways to become a better writer. I did eight songs on Christina Aguilera’s project. I figured, people are asking me for records now, I have to be good at what I do. I literally stayed in the studio for like a year. I was writing, writing, writing, writing. I signed to Alex da Kid right after Bangladesh. From there, I was able to be more like a well-versed writer. 
Source: HIPHOPDX

No comments:

Post a Comment

TOTAL PAGE VIEWS