Tuesday, November 16, 2010

CHRISTINA TALKS NEW ALBUM + T.I. COLLAB ON 'THESE CASTLE WALLS'

After the flop that was Bionic, Christina Aguilera is ready to move on and start working on a new album.

Christina recently spoke with MTV News about working on her feature film debut, Burlesque, which is set to hit theaters November 22nd, her excitement to start a new album and working with the recently re-incarcerated T.I.!
Christina says: “Ohhh, a new album is definitely in the works, because after coming off of Burlesque, I left that movie becoming a completely and totally changed woman, having learned so much and grown so much. I really grew wings on that movie I didn’t know I had prior and I am in a very introspective time in my life right now, getting ready to turn the big 3-0 this year, at the end of the year, on December 18th, yeah! I am very, very excited about that. Yeah, I am really looking forward to the next chapter in my life and really putting the new person I’ve become on record.”
Christina’s Bionic album was released back in June and featured the song “Not Myself Tonight.” It debuted at number 3 on the Billboard album chart, selling 110,000 copies. The following week it sold just over 30,000 copies and then quickly fell off the chart after that.

Christina also logged some studio time with rapper T.I. before the controversial rapper was shipped back to prison for violating parole.
Christina says: “Yeah, he’s now incarcerated in jail… but (laughs) sorry not to laugh about people being in jail. I did a song with Alex The Kid, the producer, called ‘Castle Walls’ and it’s probably going to be released as one of the singles off his upcoming album.”
T.I.’s album, No Mercy, is due out December 7th.


Source: 923 Now Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment

TOTAL PAGE VIEWS